Email notification relating to the ward calendar

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
SEREMormon

Email notification relating to the ward calendar

Post by SEREMormon »

I have been having trouble receiving updates to the ward calendar, I went in to make sure I had my contact info input (correctly), it shows my correct info, but I still don't receive the notifications that I am supposed to.
Any help would be appreciated.

Garry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email notification relating to the ward calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Are you sure they are being sent? The calendar editor has to choose to send a notice. It doesn't happen automatically.

You might also check your spam folder in both your email client (if you use one) and at the mail service provider level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SEREMormon

Post by SEREMormon »

Yes, they are being sent. The young men's president has asked me several times if I have been getting the updates. I have checked my spam folder and nothing has shown up in there?

Suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you're sure the emails are going out, there's a couple of settings on your calendar you need to check.

Go into the calendar, click on the gear icon, and select "Options". Verify that "Allow email reminders for calendar events" is checked.

Next, go back to the gear icon, select "Subscriptions" and locate the calendar of interest. Make sure that "Allow email reminders for this calendar" is checked.

Last item, go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org. Click "Contact and Recovery" and check your email settings there. I'm not sure which email the calendar may use, but I'd check all of those inboxes and spam folders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joshua_campbell

Post by joshua_campbell »

Notifications were working for me, but now one specific calendar has stopped sending notifications even though it is set to do so. It use to work, but now it doesn't. Other calendars still send notifications as they are supposed to. I've checked all the settings mentioned in this thread and they are all set to send and receive notifications, but it still doesn't happen with this one calendar. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joshua_campbell wrote:Notifications were working for me, but now one specific calendar has stopped sending notifications even though it is set to do so.
Are others receiving notifications from that calendar? The editor for that calendar might have stopped sending them.

joshua_campbell

Post by joshua_campbell »

I am the editor.
Others are also not getting the notifications.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When did this start? It's possible that a service has died. When that happens, it doesn't tend to get fixed until the next working day. (SLC working day/hours).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”