Callings by Organization missing Sunbeams

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gibblove3

Callings by Organization missing Sunbeams

Post by gibblove3 »

When I run the 'Callings by Organization' report and click on the 'View Organization' for the Sunbeams, there are no 'Sunbeam Members' listed. The report is correct in MLS and the Sunbeams are listed.

I'm sure it's just something I'm missing...
Sunbeams.JPG
Missing Sunbeams
(25.19 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Callings by Organization missing Sunbeams

Post by jdlessley »

I am only the second person to see the same thing. But since I know there is nothing amiss in our MLS I am inclined to say there is a programing bug.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I am seeing members in the Sunbeams in my ward. We do have multiple Sunbeams classes, so I don't know if that is making a difference.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jonesrk wrote:I am seeing members in the Sunbeams in my ward. We do have multiple Sunbeams classes, so I don't know if that is making a difference.
And I (as stake clerk) see Sunbeams in all the wards in my stake (none of which have more than one Sunbeam class).

So the reported problem is not a universal problem.

For those who are experiencing it, does it apply only to Sunbeams, or do other Primary or other classes exhibit the same behavior?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:For those who are experiencing it, does it apply only to Sunbeams, or do other Primary or other classes exhibit the same behavior?
I checked all the other primary classes to make sure the problem was not being experienced there. Only the Sunbeam class showed no members when there were members in the class in MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
james.mathias18@gmail.com

Post by james.mathias18@gmail.com »

I am having a very similar problem. When I view the sunbeam list online it shows there are 4 sunbeam members but all of them are 4 years old and are in CTR 4. It shows there are no students in the CTR 4 course. The nursery shows children that are age 3 and are in sunbeams this year.

I think there is a bug in the programming for the online version, the MLS version on the computer at church is correct.

I found the problem because the primary president wanted to print out a standard class list for each class and she said there were no students in the class using the standard class list but if she used attendance report it worked correctly she said (I haven't tried it). She uses the online version quite often.

If any moderator can see my ward data hopefully it will show what I am trying to say.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

james.mathias18@gmail.com wrote:I am having a very similar problem. When I view the sunbeam list online it shows there are 4 sunbeam members but all of them are 4 years old and are in CTR 4. It shows there are no students in the CTR 4 course. The nursery shows children that are age 3 and are in sunbeams this year.

I think there is a bug in the programming for the online version, the MLS version on the computer at church is correct.
It works correctly for me. Each of the Primary classes has exactly the correct members when I click "View Organization" in LCR. So if there is a bug in the programming for LCR, it is certainly not a universal problem.
james.mathias18@gmail.com wrote:If any moderator can see my ward data hopefully it will show what I am trying to say.
None of the moderators have access to see your data. But occasionally Church employees come here who do have permissions to see such data. If you want to be sure that your issue is addressed, you would need to contact the Global Service Center.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We have been looking into this. The class advancements in MLS and CMIS happen with similar code, but they run independently. (If they didn't CMIS would have to send a record update for a large portion of the Church on January 1.) There is an issue we're looking at that would primarily affect Sunbeam classes in CMIS, which would manifest itself in LCR. I'm not involved in that particular code, but I was involved in a discussion about it a couple of days ago.

For now, the easiest fix would be to assign the individual Sunbeams to a different class and then move them back to the Sunbeam class. That should be enough to get MLS to send the class updates to CMIS, which will fix it in LCR.
lewismdne

Post by lewismdne »

We have been having a similar problem that was identified by the Primary secretary and President.
In the online program 3 year olds were in nursery and 4 year olds were split between Sunbeams and CTR4. There was no obvious reason for separating the 4 year olds
Our Primary needed to split the Sunbeam class so the manually moved the 3 year olds from nursery to the two new renamed Sunbeam class. We still have 4 year olds listed in a generic Sunbeam Class and a CTR4 class.
The MLS listing separates the classes correctly.

Mike Lewis
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Didn't see the issue myself, but I do see something that could be worth looking at. However, I also believe that the explanation of how the LCR and CMIS talk to each other is the best explanation. But since those that work with programming a site or maintaining the code on one often say they 'test against everything', I did just that. I also think that it may be resolved as early as tomorrow when everyone gets even more info in send-receives on MLS, as the systems will all update some more, especially related to first-of-year information.

That aside, here's something else to cross-check.

Check to see if the class members that are supposed to be listed are not also listed on the rolls for the classes for children aged on either side of it, 'Older Nursery' or 'CTR 4'. Also double-check the callings to be sure they are filled, primarily for the teachers of that class. My look-in to my ward's Sunbeams showed all of that for all three, and those who were in the class were in at the age indicated for the class, that was for all three.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”