Is There a MLS report to show "New Move Ins"

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
fjseminario

Is There a MLS report to show "New Move Ins"

Post by fjseminario »

I would like to know how i can get a report of "New Move ins" is there a standrad report or do I have to create a Custom report?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Is There a MLS report to show "New Move Ins"

Post by aebrown »

FJSeminario wrote:I would like to know how i can get a report of "New Move ins" is there a standrad report or do I have to create a Custom report?
In MLS, go to Reports/Forms and you'll find the "Members Moved In" report under the Directories/Lists section.

In Clerk Resources on LDS.org you can find the same report ("Members Moved In") under the Reports menu.
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

For how long do they appear as "Members Move In?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

FJSeminario wrote:For how long do they appear as "Members Move In?
You get to select the number of months, from 1 to 12. After they've been in the ward for a year, there's no way to show them on this report.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:
FJSeminario wrote:For how long do they appear as "Members Move In?
You get to select the number of months, from 1 to 12. After they've been in the ward for a year, there's no way to show them on this report.
If you need longer that 12 months you can create a custom report that includes the move in date either as part of the criteria or as a field in the results.
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

Is the Move In Date populated on all records? because I can determine that there are more Move ins" that show on a custom report We created, to show records with a move in date "of equal or greater than" 3 months in de past, Why would that be?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

FJSeminario wrote:Is the Move In Date populated on all records? because I can determine that there are more Move ins" that show on a custom report We created, to show records with a move in date "of equal or greater than" 3 months in de past, Why would that be?
Members born in the ward or converts baptized into the ward would not have a "Move In Date." Depending on the criteria you use for your report, such members might unintentionally included in the report.

Perhaps if you share the exact criteria you are using for your custom report, we might be able to explain why it might not be returning the results you expect.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

FJSeminario wrote:Is the Move In Date populated on all records?
It is for every membership record in my ward.
FJSeminario wrote:I can determine that there are more Move ins" that show on a custom report We created, to show records with a move in date "of equal or greater than" 3 months in de past, Why would that be?
I cannot create such a custom report because the "Move in date" filter criteria does not have "equal or greater than" as a compare operation. If the compare operations available for the "Move In Date" attribute that are available are used then I get the same results as the MLS report when I select the bracketing date values for today and the same day of the month in the previous month or months.

For example, if I want to see the move ins using the custom report I select the first attribute to be "Member Status", the compare operation as "is", and the value as "Member". The second attribute is "Move In Date", the compare operation is "is or is before", the value is "07 Feb 2014". Then "more" is clicked to get "and Move In Date" for the next attribute, with the compare operation as "is or is after" and "07 Nov 2013" as the value.

With those attributes and those compare operations for the move in date I get the same results as the MLS "Members Moved In" report with 3 selected for "Months to Display".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonesrk wrote: If you need longer that 12 months you can create a custom report that includes the move in date either as part of the criteria or as a field in the results.
A custom report is not necessary to get members moved in farther back than 12 months. Instead, on the Members Moved In report select "custom..." for the "Months To Display" filter field and select whatever dates are desired.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”