my building in location not there

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Jester_ag

my building in location not there

Post by Jester_ag »

I have a similar issue to this thread
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ng#p119014

The issue I have is last year (as Ward Mission Leader) I was able to reserve rooms in our building. This year I have not been able to, but other members in the ward are able to reserve rooms in the building. I have already emailed the Stake Clerk and asked about this, waiting for a reply, but wanted to ask in here if anyone else has had a similiar issue? I can reserve rooms in other buildings in our stake but not the one I attend. (I was called recently as the Ward Clerk and need to be able to reserve for others as well) *training on how to reserve is in the works for our new leaders.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: my building in location not there

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "reserve", I assume you mean you are unable to set the location to that building when you schedule an event. The reason I ask is that in the past "reserve" was as specific term that meant something else.

The most likely problem is that the location hasn't been set to allow scheduling. That's something a stake administrator will have to fix.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

i am attaching the location options I have available.

I am in the Taylor building, but that is not an option.
Attachments
location.jpg
location.jpg (8.52 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ok, that's what I thought. It's something a stake calendar admin will have to fix.

You say that others are able to see that building? Can you confirm that's the case? Because they might remember being able to, but they can't do it now. But if they can see it and you can't, then I'd try things like clearing the cache, trying another computer, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

i will confirm with others, but I do see some newer items on the ward calendar, but I have tried multi browsers, & PC's with same results.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the person(s) assigned as the building scheduler can still schedule the building, even if you can't see it. So I wouldn't take the appearance of new events as proof that you're seeing something different.

Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

Thanks for the input, I did reach out to the stake tech & he was able to make a tweak that resolved the issue. oddly enough others were doing the same thing I did, just booking the other location and putting the rooms in the description.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jester_ag wrote:oddly enough others were doing the same thing I did, just booking the other location and putting the rooms in the description.
That's not going to protect them from double-booking the location.

Return to “Calendar”