Incomplete Household Records

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
weslydh1

Incomplete Household Records

Post by weslydh1 »

I am going through a divorce. My former and I share joint custody. Primary custodianship is not clearly defined, what has been defined is that custody should be joint. My children spend the majority of the week with their Mother but I do get them every other weekend. I have agreed to have their records sent to their mother's branch even though their mother is inactive because that is where they are the majority of the time. I am still their patriarch and will always be their patriarch. Why are they not included on my household listing though when I look up my household?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Incomplete Household Records

Post by russellhltn »

Since they do visit with you every other weekend, you may want to talk to your bishop. He in turn many want to discuss the issue with the Branch President.

Even though they are with their mother most of the time, it might be best if the records were grouped with you if they are not attending on the weekends that they are with their mother.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Their names will only appear in the ward where their records are, so if their records have been sent to the mother's branch they will not appear on your ward directory. However, their membership records still list you as their father.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

However, their membership records still list you as their father.
Likewise your membership record will still list them as your children.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”