Calendar to Ipad

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mmkids6

Calendar to Ipad

Post by mmkids6 »

I have been trying to get the LDS calendar linked to my Ipad calendar and have had no success. I am able to connect my gmail account to it, but can anyone tell me the steps to get the lds calendar into it. I have it working on my android but not apple. I have an IPad4
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar to Ipad

Post by sbradshaw »

What problem is it experiencing? Have you pasted the sync URL in from the church web site? This would be the same URL you're using on your Android device... If you used the same URL and it's not syncing, one likely problem is the required delay between syncs – the URL only lets you sync every so often, so if multiple devices are syncing one right before the other, the second device may not be able to sync right away.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't have a iPad, but I believe the normal method is to add the URL directly to the device.

This is different from Android devices which add them to the Google calendar that's synced to their device.

It might be possible to sync your Google calendar to you iPad, but I don't know the details. I'm sure if you input "sync google calendar with ipad" into your favorite search engine, you'll get a number of hits.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

I have had a number of people I know ask this same question. I created this 'how to' to try and help those with a similar issue. One thing to note is that if you have previously set up a URL sync from the lds calendar site, it will be best to delete that from your iPad so as to prevent any doubling up of events prior to following the guide.
How to - Stake Calendar to iPad.pdf
(303.7 KiB) Downloaded 2739 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm intrigued by the last item. Any idea how when/often the iPad checks the calendar by default?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

From experience it seems to be within 12 hours of a new or edited event going up. I entered information on an upcoming event within our stake calendar about 14 hours ago, and it has already been transferred across to the iPad. Even without selecting 'push', it comes through with the 'fetch' option selected.

Return to “Calendar”