General Conference Times

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

General Conference Times

Post by craiggsmith »

I noticed the Church-wide Events calendar shows General Priesthood as only 1 hour long. Who maintains that?

It shows the General Women's Meeting as 2 hours; isn't is usually only 1.5 hours?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: General Conference Times

Post by sbradshaw »

I think you're right about previous General YW and RS meetings being 1.5 hours. And Priesthood in the past has been 2 hours. Who knows what'll happen, with all the changes – maybe Priesthood Meeting will be only 1 hour this year!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's another oddity. Both of the women's broadcasts are labeled "General Women's Meeting". In the past that's been YM for March and RS for September.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It was announced a few months ago that the meetings from now on will be General Women’s Meetings: http://www.lds.org/church/news/first-pr ... ns-meeting
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It was announced a few months ago that the meetings from now on will be General Women’s Meetings: http://www.lds.org/church/news/first-pr ... ns-meeting
Ah, I checked the communication area, but missed that one. It's not unreasonable to think that with the change that the meeting is now 2 hours. Particularly now that there's a larger group of leaders to speak.

On the other hand, a one hour Priesthood Meeting? I have my doubts. Only firesides have been that short.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It's not unreasonable to think that with the change that the meeting is now 2 hours. Particularly now that there's a larger group of leaders to speak.
Two hours might be a little long for an eight-year-old.

Return to “Calendar”