Baptisms

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
aaron.grames

Baptisms

Post by aaron.grames »

Is there a report that shows the total number of non-convert baptisms in a ward for the entire year?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Baptisms

Post by aebrown »

aaron.grames wrote:Is there a report that shows the total number of non-convert baptisms in a ward for the entire year?
No, but it's easy enough to create a custom report. Just have the criteria of:

Member Status -- is not -- Convert
Confirmation Date -- is or is after -- 1 Jan 2013 (click "more")
and Confirmation Date -- is or is before -- 31 Dec 2013
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:No, but it's easy enough to create a custom report. Just have the criteria of:

Member Status -- is not -- Convert
Confirmation Date -- is or is after -- 1 Jan 2013 (click "more")
and Confirmation Date -- is or is before -- 31 Dec 2013
A good starting point. But it won't capture people who have since left the ward, and it may include new converts that moved into the ward.

But it's better than sitting around trying to remember everyone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Who is a "non-convert" baptism besides the 8 year old children? Isn't everyone over 8 considered a "convert?"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:Who is a "non-convert" baptism besides the 8 year old children? Isn't everyone over 8 considered a "convert?"
Correct. And that's what the custom report criterion I mentioned will use as well.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Then can't you just look at the roll for the 8 year old primary class and see who will be baptized this year, and look at the 9 year old primary class roll and see who was baptized last year? Why do you need a "custom report?"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:Then can't you just look at the roll for the 8 year old primary class and see who will be baptized this year, and look at the 9 year old primary class roll and see who was baptized last year? Why do you need a "custom report?"
The roll doesn't say who was baptized. A custom report will.

But if the person gathering this information knows for certain exactly who was baptized, then I suppose your approach could work.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I guess I just don't see the big deal. Ask the primary president or bishop. I am sure one of them would know the 9 year old children that weren't baptized last year.

Writing a custom report seems sort of like using a shotgun to kill a fly to me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

TinMan wrote:I guess I just don't see the big deal. Ask the primary president or bishop. I am sure one of them would know the 9 year old children that weren't baptized last year.

Writing a custom report seems sort of like using a shotgun to kill a fly to me.
That's a fine perspective for you. To my mind, the fact that I can write that report in about one minute (I did so) makes it much quicker and easier than your proposed alternative. In my hands, a custom report is the appropriate tool. In your hands, asking the Primary president might be the appropriate tool. It's great that there are multiple approaches that can work.

Return to “Reports and Forms”