1 of 2 MLS Printing of the Ward Geographic Code on the Memb

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
fjseminario

1 of 2 MLS Printing of the Ward Geographic Code on the Memb

Post by fjseminario »

SF_GeographicGridBWithLetters.JPG
This is the Map of my ward boudaries divided into a grid
(122.53 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Please add an option in MLS to select the printing of the "Ward Geographic Code" on the Merbership Directory Report, Sorry that the Screenshot is of the MLS in spanish, but if you are familiar with MLS you can figure it out.
I Have divided my ward boundaries in squares, Map will be attached, each square has a letter and a Number, similar to the Thomas Maps, Letters go from Left to Right, and numbers from Top to Bottom. The "Ward Geographic Code" in MLS has 8 charactes. (SFW SFR $#)
The first 3 characters represent our "Ward Code" (San Fernando Ward.
The next 3 characters represent the "Missionary District/Companionship", SFR (San FeRnando).
The last 2 characters $# where $ is the Letter and the # is the Number.
My Geographic code is SFWSY2D2 I live in the Square D2 of the grid, The Missionary companionship proselyting in my area is SY2 for Sylmar 2nd companionship and SFW is the code for my ward. I Have also created a Custom Report in MLS to print a report sorted by "Ward Geographic Code" which groups them by square. This is how I know in what square of my map each of the members of our ward lives. It is very helpful for Vists.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: 1 of 2 MLS Printing of the Ward Geographic Code on the M

Post by jdlessley »

We appreciate your post and request. However, the best way to get your feedback to the MLS developers is by sending a message from MLS using the MLS messaging system to headquarters or use the address mlssupport@ldschurch.org if you want to include attachments. Not much in the way of added features may be considered for desktop MLS since most of the MLS features are being made available online and that is where most of the development effort is being focused.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

I was hopping that many Leaders would see this post and if they found it useful to suggest this as well, I understand that the most requests MLS receives, the more likely to implement the requests, so please Leaders outthere Suggets this as well I will do the same

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

FJSeminario wrote: I understand that the most requests MLS receives, the more likely to implement the requests...
Enhancements to MLS are seldom if ever the result of the process you describe. Rather the sponsoring department(s) for MLS at headquarters, such as the Priesthood Department, establish the enhancements for MLS. For something such as the type of enhancement you are suggesting I would recommend using the priesthood chain. Convince your stake president this is a needed enhancement and he can then pass it up to the Area Seventy, and so on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

Thanks I will do that
fjseminario

Post by fjseminario »

I will follow your advise and present this request to My Priesthood Authorities. Consider this Request Close.
No need for another post
Thanks

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”