Deleting MLS accounts

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
joshbingham

Deleting MLS accounts

Post by joshbingham »

Brothers,

New Ward clerk here.

I tried deleting some old MLS accounts in my ward's computer (former ward members), and I got some message about that person being attached to some files. The account status turned to "restore".

What does this mean? How long until we will be able to delete the account?
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleting MLS accounts

Post by russellhltn »

It means their accounts are tied to finical transactions and can't be purged until the data is purged. In the US, that's 3 years plug current.

The fact you've inactivated them is good enough. They shouldn't show up in any screens that matter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

We have the same issue, our ward was using generic accounts but attaching them to active members with specific passwords, but after reading these forums I decided to change them to actual people. This has been a trick in itself, but with all the old ones that are no longer needed, I am marking them as ZZ_Delete# & because they have to be tied to a person's name, I am using my 7yr old son & marking them as inactive. Hopefully in a few years we can delete them and they will disappear, but I checked the Audit and they do not show up if they are inactive.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Jester_ag wrote:Hopefully in a few years we can delete them and they will disappear
Actually, you don't need to take any further action. If the MLS accounts have been deactivated, then when the fiscal year is closed that finally causes their last connected transaction to be deleted, those users will be deleted as well.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

AeBrown, Thank you for the information about it being deleted after the fiscal year is closed... I was looking through the forum and found at least 3 threads on the same topic, is there a way to *flag* a topic so it stays up on page 1 for all new Ward Clerks? would help prevent the same questions multiple times. just a thought.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”