Calendar very slow to open

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ClarkHall

Calendar very slow to open

Post by ClarkHall »

Is it just me or do a lot of people find it takes a very long time to open the calendar? I don't mean on Sunday, all the time like right now it is 9:30 pm on Thursday?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar very slow to open

Post by russellhltn »

Does seem noticeably slower then usual.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

For the last several weeks it may take over 5 minutes. Most of the time I get frustrated and leave the site. Last night after 15 minutes it still would not open on my Ipad Air.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Both last night and this morning, it is very responsive for me. So that makes me wonder if there is something about your calendar data, or your browser or computer. Have you tried opening it on different computers? Using different browsers? When connected to different networks? Do others in your ward or stake have similar problems? Noticing how it works in different situations might give some clues about what the source of the problem is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I have no idea how the server load is divided up. I'm wondering if there's a problem in the server farm, and we're just lucky to not be in the most affected units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I have no idea how the server load is divided up. I'm wondering if there's a problem in the server farm, and we're just lucky to not be in the most affected units.
That's conceivable, but I'd think it unlikely. Answering some of the questions I asked in my previous post should help narrow down if that is a possibility or not likely at all.
ClarkHall

Post by ClarkHall »

My iPad air seems to be the problem, I tried to open on my office computer and it worked just fine Friday. Tried the iPad just now and it will not open.

Return to “Calendar”