Rename a calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
richardhenryjohnson

Rename a calendar

Post by richardhenryjohnson »

I have been trying to rename a calendar, but it will not happen. I edit the calendar, change the name, click "save" and the timer just spins and never completes. Any hints. This is my first experience with Calendar.
lee.allen

Re: Rename a calendar

Post by lee.allen »

I am having the same problem... edit the name, click save and the wheel just spins...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are these private calendars, or public ones?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'm able to rename either private or public calendars with no problems.
lee.allen

Post by lee.allen »

public... the drop down box says "Entire Unit"
lee.allen

Post by lee.allen »

I had our Stake Clerk try to rename the calendar and save it and he had the same result, the endless spinning wheel.

Any reason why it wont save for us but yet aebrown is able to do so???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any odd characters/punctuation in the calendar name?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lee.allen

Post by lee.allen »

russellhltn wrote:Any odd characters/punctuation in the calendar name?
No odd characters... changing from 'Stake Resource Calendar' to 'Stake Center Building Calendar'.

The 'Resource' label seems to be confusing people and the rest of the meeting houses in the Stake are labeled with 'Building' in them.

Thank you for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this just for events that don't go on other church calendars, or is this a end-run on how the system is supposed to operate (events book the building).

lee.allen

Post by lee.allen »

russellhltn wrote:Is this just for events that don't go on other church calendars, or is this a end-run on how the system is supposed to operate (events book the building).
Because we have multiple wards in a building, we have to have one calendar for the building so that we can ensure there are not conflicts for facility resources. The simplest way we have found to do that is to have a calendar for each meeting house that the wards sharing the building can coordinate events. Does that answer your question? is there a easier way to do that?

Return to “Calendar”