Tools or apps to help with record keeping

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
semochad

Tools or apps to help with record keeping

Post by semochad »

I'm new to the forum, but hoping someone might have some useful help for me. I'm looking for a tool or app that can help us keep track of when ward members spoke and when the bishopric/EQ/HP/RS groups went and visited ward members in their homes.

Anything already out there? Any bright ideas?

thanks for the help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Tools or apps to help with record keeping

Post by aebrown »

semochad wrote:I'm new to the forum, but hoping someone might have some useful help for me. I'm looking for a tool or app that can help us keep track of when ward members spoke and when the bishopric/EQ/HP/RS groups went and visited ward members in their homes.
This is discussed at some length in the topic Sacrament Meeting and Hymn Tracking forms. The most common solution is to use a Google Drive spreadsheet.
jasonfitt

Post by jasonfitt »

We use Google Drive in our ward, and there's an app that is available on android and iOS. You can grant various people of your choosing access to folders and documents. For example we have a callings tracking spreadsheet we use that the whole bishopric can view and edit. So if Brother Smith gets called to be the EQ President, I will record that on the spreadsheet in Google Drive. Then when a member of the bishopric sets him apart they, or I, can go in to the document and mark down that the person has been set apart, etc. I then update MLS as needed.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

The use of Google Drive (aka Google Docs) now must be analyzed in light of the recent policy (less than two weeks old) regulating use of cloud-based services:
4.8.4 The use of cloud-based services for storing and/or backing up MLS or any membership related data is prohibited.
Whether or not any of the cases described above qualify as "any membership related data" is a matter of interpretation. IMHO, that might vary case-to-case, and some cases are not obvious questions to decide. The enforcement of this policy is the responsibility of stake presidents.

Return to “General Discussions”