Year-end tithing report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
carlscpa

Year-end tithing report

Post by carlscpa »

I have entered the data from information provided by the Bishop. I received an error message-"The report cannot be submitted until all required entries are made"
I made sure any member making any payment was classified as full or partial tithe payers. I did make some notes "Moved".
Any ideas of what "required entries" I am missing?
idjeeper2

Re: Year-end tithing report

Post by idjeeper2 »

Ensure that all members have some kind of declaration. You may have neglected the non-tithe payers. If any of the blocks on the right hand side are yellow, you need to enter a declaration. Everybody, including children, will be Full, Partial, Non, or Exempt.
carlscpa

Post by carlscpa »

I was able to submit the report successfully. Thanks for your help.
I was using Not Declared instead of Non-Tith.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

I'm happy to have helped. I suspect that a large number of clerks make the same assumption. I know I did the first time. Not Declared seems like a logical choice until we really understand the purpose of the report.
theronsmith

Post by theronsmith »

This was very helpful to me. It was not obvious that the yellow comments fields meant there is an error or that "undeclared" is not an acceptable choice. Thanks!
sadlerk1

Post by sadlerk1 »

Question??? would a child & student fall under the NO-TITHE category or EXEMPT & what category would someone who has Moved out of the ward or died fall under. Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanking you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sadlerk1 wrote:Question??? would a child & student fall under the NO-TITHE category or EXEMPT & what category would someone who has Moved out of the ward or died fall under.
Most of the answers can be found in RKATS at Identifying and Recording Tithing Status. The bishop is responsible to report status for members of his ward as of December 31, so he does not declare the status for someone who has moved or died before that date. As for children, see the "Response from FRD Support" on the second comment on that RKATS article.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

sadlerk1 wrote:Question??? would a child & student fall under the NO-TITHE category or EXEMPT & what category would someone who has Moved out of the ward or died fall under. Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanking you
If the clerk is up on his membership corrections, people who died or moved out won't appear on the year end report.
RobPeck

Post by RobPeck »

TinMan wrote "If the clerk is up on his membership corrections, people who died or moved out won't appear on the year end report."

This does not seem to be true in my case, all the members that paid any donations are showing up on the Tithing Declaration Report even though their records are no longer in our ward.

Does the bishop just need to declare for all of them also? Even though they are now under another bishop?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The tools tend to change but the principles do not. You only declare the members who are still in your ward at the end of the year.

I'm not sure if the problem is the donors haven't been connected to their records, or if the year isn't over yet, but the only thing that should be set for those people would be some variation of "not in unit".

I'd suggest waiting until 2016. There is no push to get everyone declared before the end of the year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”