MLS aborts while printing finance statements

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

MLS aborts while printing finance statements

Post by drepouille »

I haven't searched the forum for this, so this may be a duplicate bug report.
To comply with auditing requirements, I was printing IROP statements for the past six months last night. After printing a dozen or so statements, MLS aborted and vanished without a visible error message. This happened about three times last night.

On a related issue, after I printed each statement, MLS displayed an annoying pop-up that said, "printing completed" (all lowercase). The lowercase is annoying, but the entire pop-up is really unnecessary.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: MLS aborts while printing finance statements

Post by scgallafent »

If you report the crash to the service center, it should eventually make it to us and we can look and see what is going on. You can suggest the popup as an enhancement while you're at it.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

By the way, when you are viewing finance statements, is there any way to go to the previous statement or the next statement? I had to click on Close after each one.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:By the way, when you are viewing finance statements, is there any way to go to the previous statement or the next statement? I had to click on Close after each one.
There isn't a way to go from one statement to the next without closing the window.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I called Local Unit Support on Friday and opened a bug report for MLS. I tried different methods to make MLS abort, but I haven't found the perfect test case. I don't have to print anything to make it abort, but it does seem to abort more quickly if I zoom in on the financial statement image. I typically open each statement, zoom to 125%, and then close. After five or ten of these, MLS usually aborts.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”