All of my Notes and Annotations disappeared

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
scottchips

All of my Notes and Annotations disappeared

Post by scottchips »

Admittedly, I haven't been on the site for a few months, but I had a lot of notes and material entered (specifically for my scripture study). I just logged in to retrieve a few references and now see that I have no notebooks or notes under my account. I'm looking under Tools/Notes. Is there anything I can do to retrieve these? Thx for the help.

Scott Parker
elizabethmrussell

Re: All of my Notes and Annotations disappeared

Post by elizabethmrussell »

My Mom and I both had all of our notes and annotations disappear today. It appears that it is happening to a lot of people. But don't worry, because I'm sure it's a temporary thing.
amajeske

Post by amajeske »

I lost all of my journal entries and notes as well. And I have just talked my husband into using this function of lds.org and now he's questioning the idea so hopefully it does get resolved soon.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's not usual for services to fail and not come back up until the next working day for Church Headquarters.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scottchips

Post by scottchips »

Thanks so much for these posts. I have many, many hours invested in those notes. It would be a significant loss. Thx again
billfraser72

Post by billfraser72 »

My journal entries and notes for the past year and a half are gone! I always thought a hard copy would be a good idea but didn't want to use an entire stack of paper, or the ink I would have needed to catch up with it all... yeesh. I hope you all are right that this is only a temporary technical error that will be remedied, but at the very least it will be a good eye-opener to us all that these things should be recorded, if not on plates... then at least on paper:) In the mean time, let's keep up the hope that our writings will return.
kimberlyjanelarsen

Deleted Journal entries

Post by kimberlyjanelarsen »

I have been writing on the LDS notes page for my journal for the past two months. Just today I signed in, and all of my entries are gone. There is nothing in the trash, and I have no idea what happened to them. Is there anything I can do!? Those mean a lot to me, and I'm pretty frustrated. Any help is appreciated.
eteualiyahspencer

Re: Deleted Journal entries

Post by eteualiyahspencer »

The same has happened to me. I had two months of highly valued and important journal entries that are suddenly gone. I am heartbroken, sad, I feel violated and I am in deep remorse about it. How could this have happened?
eteualiyahspencer

Post by eteualiyahspencer »

I too, have lost a great deal of journal entries, annotations. I am heartbroken and sad. I am a very detail oriented person and it feels like part of my life has been taken from me. It is discouraging. All in all about 2 years worth of information is gone..... :confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would not worry about it until Monday comes and goes and they're still gone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”