Setting up a MLS system for stake training

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bregar

Setting up a MLS system for stake training

Post by bregar »

I'm the stake STS and have been approached by my Stake Presidency asking how they can get access to an MLS system to use during ward conference clerk training. They specifically want to concentrate on home teaching data.

I informed them that the ward clerk machine is the only one that can contains the ward information. It was also pointed out that the information is privileged and it can be embarrassing to use real data in front of ward member's. Ex. it might show brother Smith hasn't done any of his HT for the past 2 months.

Is there a way to set up a "dummy" ward with fake information on a laptop equipped with MLS so that they can use it to do training as they visit each ward for ward conference?

Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Setting up a MLS system for stake training

Post by russellhltn »

MLS test data.

The data is quite old. I think by now most of the "kids" have become adults, but it's good enough for what you want to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bregar

Post by bregar »

Thank you!
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

The meetinghouse technology policy says that MLS cannot be installed on home computers or donated computers (4.5 & 4.6).
This limits how you can use it. You could use the test data on the ward computer but in my experience they are stuck in small offices. Some units may have a non-clerk computer, that is only used for church stuff, they could use.

The test data could be used for some form of power point presentation.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”