Shared building "bugs"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
swigginton

Shared building "bugs"

Post by swigginton »

One of our buildings is shared between two stakes. The other stake is the "agent" stake, but the building is designated as shared in the FM database. We were experimenting with some calendar scenarios today and came across what appear to be a couple of possible bugs:

1) The other stake is able to view events in the Week view that I have created, but I cannot view their events in my Week view. Shouldn't that be permitted? Otherwise, searching for open times becomes a trial-and-error exercise for our stake.

2) When either of us tries to schedule an event that conflicts with an event created by the other stake, when we choose, "Show Conflicts", the name and phone# for the event creator is correct, but the e-mail address is for a different member. That one is clearly a bug.

I thought I'd post our findings here to see if I'm missing anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Shared building "bugs"

Post by russellhltn »

swigginton wrote:1) The other stake is able to view events in the Week view that I have created, but I cannot view their events in my Week view. Shouldn't that be permitted? Otherwise, searching for open times becomes a trial-and-error exercise for our stake.
Just checking: In week view, are you checking the box to view the events in that building? That could explain why you don't see them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

Just checking: In week view, are you checking the box to view the events in that building? That could explain why you don't see them.
Yes. I even tried unchecking all other buildings, except that one. Tried unchecking/re-checking. No luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

On #2, it's only if the conflicting event is from the other stake? You don't have that problem with events in your stake?

What stake does the wrong email belong to?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

On #2, it's only if the conflicting event is from the other stake? You don't have that problem with events in your stake?
I hadn't seen it happen with other events in our stake calendar, but I just tried it. Some events within our stake show the correct e-mail address. Others show my e-mail address, even though the name and phone number are for another person in the stake. Very strange.
swigginton

Post by swigginton »

What stake does the wrong email belong to?
Forgot to answer this one. The conflicts I saw (created by the other stake) showed the name and phone for the member of that stake (correct), but an e-mail address from a person in my stake (unrelated in any way to the calendar or event).

The conflict observed by the other stake user showed my name and phone (correct), but showed his own e-mail address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

swigginton wrote:1) The other stake is able to view events in the Week view that I have created, but I cannot view their events in my Week view. Shouldn't that be permitted? Otherwise, searching for open times becomes a trial-and-error exercise for our stake.
That sounds like a bug to me. Private calendars hide the details of the events, but you can still see them in building week view. I'd expect that at minimum.

TerryDM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TerryDM »

Yes, in fact this is a bug. All units that are assigned to a building should be able to see all the events in the building regardless of which units scheduled the event, even the units that are not part of the building's agent stake. This will be corrected in the next release of the calendar.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

Dated 5 Jan 2011 - this bug didn't get fixed in the next calendar release, did it? This is the exact same thing that is happening in the buildings another stake shares with us. We can see what they enter, they cannot see what we enter. They fish in the dark, putting in various times and dates looking for a period of time when they don't hit a block. Any chance this will be fixed any time soon?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nancypalemany wrote:Dated 5 Jan 2011 - this bug didn't get fixed in the next calendar release, did it?
While the bug may have been identified in 2011, the statement by the Church employee that the bug will be fixed in the next release was but a day ago. There hasn't been a new release since yesterday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”