MLS to LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Mac-p40

MLS to LUWS

Post by Mac-p40 »

How long should it take for membership changes (such as address and telephone number changes) that are done in MLS to be reflected on our LUWS? In the months of January through March, the membership changes that we would make in MLS on Sundays would be reflected on our LUWS on the following Tuesday (two days). Since mid-April, however, the membership changes that we made two Sundays ago have yet to be reflected on our LUWS. Is there an error that is ultimately preventing the changes that we made two weeks to be reflected on our LUWS?

I know some changes aren't always actually updated even though they're transmitted to Salt Lake. That said, if there is no known error regarding my questions above, I guess I'll just have to redo the membership changes that I initially did two weeks ago. :(
opee

See other thread

Post by opee »

Here is your "answer" from a thread with the same question:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=594
Mac-p40

Post by Mac-p40 »

opee wrote:Here is your "answer" from a thread with the same question:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=594

I swear, I did a search, but I couldn't find anything related to this topic :o

Anyway, according to the aforementioned thread, SLC claims that changes made in MLS are updated on our LUWS on Thursdays. Hmm...that doesn't coincide with what I have personally experienced. In my personal experience, updates used to take place on Tuesdays. Being that the last reply to the aforementioned thread was posted in August 2007, it seems like the information contained within it is now obsolete.

Assuming that there isn't a technical error preventing the MLS updates from being reflected in our LUWS, I guess I'll just have to redo the updates in MLS and hope that that works.
opee

Post by opee »

Mac wrote:I swear, I did a search, but I couldn't find anything related to this topic

I did not find it when I first searched, but found several related threads with 'LUWS update MLS' in the Search Forum field.

I said "answer" in my first reply because there still seems to be a discrepancy with people's personal experiences and what "should be". I guess that is why we have these forums to find the kinks...:rolleyes:
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Mac wrote:Being that the last reply to the aforementioned thread was posted in August 2007, it seems like the information contained within it is now obsolete.
I'm not sure if "obsolete" is a safe assumption, but it is possible that something might have changed during this time.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Mac wrote:Assuming that there isn't a technical error preventing the MLS updates from being reflected in our LUWS, I guess I'll just have to redo the updates in MLS and hope that that works.
Actually, I would assume that if MLS address and phone number changes didn't show up in LUWS within 2 weeks after getting the confirmation back from CHQ via the MLS Member Record Update Report, I would take that as a sign that they didn't get properly transmitted/recorded in MLS at CHQ and send the updates again (maybe by switching them to something else, transmitting, and then changing them back after getting the confirmation back from CHQ, followed by another send/receive changes).

Same as what you said, but for s slightly different reason.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”