Problem changing from ward viewable to stake viewable

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
perryk

Problem changing from ward viewable to stake viewable

Post by perryk »

I am the stake website administrator. A bishop in my stake recently called a new building scheduler for his ward building who just barely turned 18 years old. Her family has their directory profile set up so only their ward can view their directory information (but other members of the stake cannot). Because of this I cannot add her as a building scheduler on the stake website calendar -- her name does not appear in the drop-down box of names on the website calendar. I asked her to have the head of household (her mother or father) sign into the directory using his/her LDSAccount and password and change their family profile so the stake will be able to view their directory information (and hopefully I will be able to add her as a building scheduler). However, they tried changing their profile but "stake" was grayed out and they cannot select it. They have tried this several times. I have made sure they are using the "edit" which is next to "Household Visibility Limit." Please tell me what could be wrong. Is there something in MLS that the ward clerk needs to change? Is there something I can do as a stake website administrator to change this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problem changing from ward viewable to stake viewable

Post by russellhltn »

perryk wrote:I have made sure they are using the "edit" which is next to "Household Visibility Limit." Please tell me what could be wrong.
Either they're not on the right spot (trying to edit the household instead of the household limit), or the account isn't properly associated the parent of the household.

You may want to call the clerk and have him do it.

And by the way, I'm a bit leery about "building schedulers". The current calendar system is a radical departure from traditional scheduling, and many units don't understand that and try to hold on to their traditions. Most of the traditional work has been taken over by computers and "self-service" by the leadership. I think most units would be far better off not have a building scheduler position, and getting by without it until they get the hang of the new system. Feel free to look for threads on "building schedulers" in the calendar section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
perryk

Re: Problem changing from ward viewable to stake viewable

Post by perryk »

I will have their ward clerk check into it. Thank you.

Regarding "building schedulers" I used that title in my post because that is the title typically used. In my stake we have turned over the scheduling to the ward/stake leaders and changed the title of building scheduler to "building coordinator" for our stake. We are emphasizing that building coordinators do not schedule stake and ward events. They however can schedule funerals, weddings, and other family events. They are the ones who are the advocates in solving scheduling conflicts (such as for funerals, weddings, etc.). They also input the "restrictions" for preference days/nights. My stake isn't quite ready to release building schedulers (although I highly recommended it) so I was lucky to be able to get the title changed to building coordinators.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”