moving in records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ikpotoking

moving in records

Post by ikpotoking »

using the clerk resources on the lds.org, i discovered some members who were not in the MLS. i tried to moved them using the MLS so that we can have the same updates with that of the lds.org clerk resources but i have not gotten any updates in the mls.
eblood66

Re: moving in records

Post by eblood66 »

ikpotoking wrote:using the clerk resources on the lds.org, i discovered some members who were not in the MLS. i tried to moved them using the MLS so that we can have the same updates with that of the lds.org clerk resources but i have not gotten any updates in the mls.
You need to do a Unit Data Refresh. That should bring MLS in sync with the CHQ databases.
toafa

Moving in records

Post by toafa »

I am the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and we DO NOT currently have a clerk. Our meetinghouse is about 35 minutes away and I really do not want to travel just to request records. Can I use the functionality on line at home to request records or is it based on my current calling and what the access table indicates?
eblood66

Re: Moving in records

Post by eblood66 »

Toafa wrote:I am the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and we DO NOT currently have a clerk. Our meetinghouse is about 35 minutes away and I really do not want to travel just to request records. Can I use the functionality on line at home to request records or is it based on my current calling and what the access table indicates?
I'm afraid the online Request Records function is not available to bishopric counselors (as indicated in the access table). Only the bishop and clerks have that option.
toafa

Post by toafa »

Mahalo for the quick response. I guess I will be making a trip to the chapel :-(. Aloha
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Toafa wrote:Mahalo for the quick response. I guess I will be making a trip to the chapel :-(. Aloha
If you are actually functioning as the clerk at this time, then with approval of the bishop and the stake president, you could be given the calling of Ward Clerk in MLS (in addition to your calling as a bishopric counselor, of course). Then you would have the permission to do the online record moves.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moving in records

Post by russellhltn »

Toafa wrote:I am the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and we DO NOT currently have a clerk. Our meetinghouse is about 35 minutes away and I really do not want to travel just to request records.
Unless there is a urgent need, I'd just wait until Sunday.
(Remembering the time when records were processed by mail - it'd take a month to get them in.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gshepher1967

Post by gshepher1967 »

We have a remote access program called TeamViewer that enables authorised members to remotely access the chapel computer. Our Stake initally installed it to do changes on the system remotely. I can log onto the system from home and use MLS exactly the same as if I was in the clerk's office. The only thing is that the computer needs to remain on (we just turn the screen off) for someone to access it. You do also have to be aware if someone else is using the system at the same time either in the office or remotely as it is weird when you see the mouse icon shooting across the screen by itself or something getting typed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gshepher1967 wrote:We have a remote access program called TeamViewer that enables authorised members to remotely access the chapel computer. Our Stake initally installed it to do changes on the system remotely. I can log onto the system from home and use MLS exactly the same as if I was in the clerk's office.
Please review section 4.9 of the Meetinghouse Technology Policy, which expressly prohibits using remote access technology to access MLS.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gshepher1967 wrote:We have a remote access program called TeamViewer that enables authorised members to remotely access the chapel computer.
You may want to take a look at Church policy in section 4.9 of the Meetinghouse Technology Policy. Remote access of Church computers is only permitted in specific circumstances. The use described, accessing MLS and sensitive information, is specifically mentioned as something for which remote access cannot be used (see 4.9.3).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”