How to change the date of a closed donation batch?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
fixitsean

How to change the date of a closed donation batch?

Post by fixitsean »

How do you change the date of a closed donation batch?

We had a snow day and no one came to church Dec 22 2013. The next Sunday Dec 29 we processed the tithing received on Dec 29 but the MLS donation batch date was mistakenly left as Dec 22. This was not caught until Jan 2014. The dollar amounts and donors are exactly correct, we just need to change the batch date to Dec 29 instead of Dec 22.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How to change the date of a closed donation batch?

Post by lajackson »

fixitsean wrote:How do you change the date of a closed donation batch?

We had a snow day and no one came to church Dec 22 2013. The next Sunday Dec 29 we processed the tithing received on Dec 29 but the MLS donation batch date was mistakenly left as Dec 22.
When we start MLS to enter a deposit, the current date shows up. You may wish to check and make sure the current date is shown on your computer. If it is a week behind, the Global Service Center will need to help you change it.

As for the batch date, I do not believe you can change it without deleting the old batch and entering a new batch again under the correct date. In the particular instance you propose, I think that is a lot of trouble because it does not affect or cross over the calendar year. You may be just as well off by putting a big note with the batch paperwork stating what happened, that the batch was erroneously dated Dec 22 but was actually prepared on Dec 29.

And then I would be very careful to see that the date is not changed on future batches except when following year-end donation processing instructions. That is part of the reason two priesthood holders prepare each deposit, so that it is prepared correctly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support and see what they suggest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Since the dates are in the same year I would not worry about it. It really is not that big of a deal.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”