Building Network

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
slmsz20

Building Network

Post by slmsz20 »

I was wondering at others experiences with the building networks that have recently been installed. It has been hit and miss in the four buildings I was recently put in charge of. I have found jacks mounted to the back corner wall in some rooms, and have found jack location to be mostly useless except in the clerks offices and the pulpit (sometimes they get it right in the library). I'm looking at a huge wire reroute project that I really do not want to do (I may just shutoff the badly placed ports and be done with it). In my previous area I was able to install my own cabling, so I could get it "right" the first time.

Does anyone else have a similar experience with the contracted wiring?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Network

Post by russellhltn »

In the case of our stake center, I specified the locations and FM hired the contractor. For the other buildings, the did it all, but I have no complaints. They put in jacks for the clerk computers and the pulpit. Depending on what else we do we may have to run more lines, but that's a good start.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”