Members moved out report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
couchb

Members moved out report

Post by couchb »

We just had a member moved out of our unit and it shows on the report but how do I learn to which unit the record was moved? We don't understand why the transfer was made and need to determine where the record went.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Members moved out report

Post by aebrown »

couchb wrote:We just had a member moved out of our unit and it shows on the report but how do I learn to which unit the record was moved? We don't understand why the transfer was made and need to determine where the record went.
You can't tell where the record was moved from any systems you have access to. So you have two options:
  • talk to the member and ask if they intended to have their records moved because they have actually moved; if not, you can just request that the records back into your ward -- it's irrelevant what ward they got moved to.
  • call Local Unit Support and ask where the record was moved; then your bishop can contact that bishop and discuss the situation.
couchb

Post by couchb »

How do I contact Local Unit Support?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

couchb wrote:How do I contact Local Unit Support?
Your profile doesn't say where you live. If you live in the United States or Canada, see here.
couchb

Post by couchb »

Thank you. That's just what I need.
Appreciate your help.
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

aebrown wrote:
couchb wrote:We just had a member moved out of our unit and it shows on the report but how do I learn to which unit the record was moved? We don't understand why the transfer was made and need to determine where the record went.
You can't tell where the record was moved from any systems you have access to. So you have two options:
  • talk to the member and ask if they intended to have their records moved because they have actually moved; if not, you can just request that the records back into your ward -- it's irrelevant what ward they got moved to.
  • call Local Unit Support and ask where the record was moved; then your bishop can contact that bishop and discuss the situation.
Note, if you do move the records back, the Membership Record will return with the Unit information (i.e. Name & Number) from which they were recently "visiting". You will then know whom to contact for a discussion.

This was a common occurrence when I was Clerk in a Singles Ward and a resident Ward Bishop was not aware of the member's request to move their Membership Record.

Return to “Membership Help”