Send a Message to the Members

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tomcondie

Send a Message to the Members

Post by tomcondie »

What is up with the email system. I cannot send an email to the stake membership.

The message reads:
Your message was not sent. Either the email service is not available or one of the recipients may have an unknown email address.
mprusse

Re: Send a Message to the Members

Post by mprusse »

I've been attempting to use the "Send a Message" system under Leader Resources now for several days. When I go into the system a note at the top states, "Messaging is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Anyone know what's up? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I just sent a message using "Send a Message" in Leader Resources. There was no message indicating any problem with the site, and when I clicked "Send Message" I got a response saying "Your message was sent."

My experience was different in that regard from the others who have posted to this topic. However, the message never arrived, or at least still hasn't 15 minutes after sending the message. So perhaps there is a problem, but at least for me I never saw any error messages; to the contrary, I received a confirmation that the message was sent.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tomcondie wrote:What is up with the email system. I cannot send an email to the stake membership.

The message reads:
Your message was not sent. Either the email service is not available or one of the recipients may have an unknown email address.
See the topic "Send a Message" error for a possible reason for this error and solution.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aebrown wrote:My experience was different in that regard from the others who have posted to this topic. However, the message never arrived, or at least still hasn't 15 minutes after sending the message. So perhaps there is a problem, but at least for me I never saw any error messages; to the contrary, I received a confirmation that the message was sent.
I ended up sending three messages in the span of about 5 minutes, just trying different text. All three messages arrived, but they came in reverse order, 2-3 hours later. I don't know why they would take so long, but they did arrive.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”