EQ2 missing from HT Statistics Report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

EQ2 missing from HT Statistics Report

Post by mkmurray »

So we have 2 Elders' Quorums, and only the first quorum's statistics are showing up on the Home Teaching Statistics report. This used to show up correctly and now it doesn't.

Has anyone else seen this? Anyone else have 2 quorums? Is this a new bug in MLS? Our unit has sent many MLS messages to HQ and we have gotten back nothing but unhelpful responses.

Any help someone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

I don't personally know. But I'd reach out to DJC. He may know.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Anyone out there with 2 EQs that has solved this, or can even reproduce this?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Can this possibly be elevated to have someone at the Church look into this?

It appears the community isn't able to help with this issue...unless someone out there would be willing to run a test scenario to see if it's reproducable?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mkmurray wrote:Can this possibly be elevated to have someone at the Church look into this?

It appears the community isn't able to help with this issue...unless someone out there would be willing to run a test scenario to see if it's reproducable?
I just tried this on the test data for MLS. Indeed, you seem to be correct -- the statistics page lists only High Priests and "Elders 1". I created an "Elders 2" quorum, put a district in it, and a companionship in the district, and even made sure that that companionship had done visits. But still "Elders 2" does not show up on the statistics list.

I even reverted to MLS 2.7.3 to see if it was a problem then. Indeed the same thing happens with MLS 2.7.3. I don't have time right now to go back to an even earlier version to try to determine if it ever worked.

I don't know how often Relief Society Groups are used (even less than a second Elders quorum, I imagine), but my testing showed that "Relief Society 2" has the same problem with not showing up on VT statistics.

So it really does look like a bug that would need to be reported to CHQ. I find it hard to believe that there are no units in the Church with two Elders quorums that use MLS to track HT visits -- if there were, I don't see how it could be tolerable for MLS to ignore 2nd quorums in HT statistics. But that's the way it is.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not crazy.

Well...at least not on this...
LittleGreen-p40

Post by LittleGreen-p40 »

I just checked my ward this evening. We have two Elders Quorums and two Relief Societies (a singles ward). They still show up fine on our HT/VT Statistics Reports. We've had two quorums and two Relief Societies since 2005 so the data may have carried forward through the upgrades more easily. The only thought I have based on this thread is to make sure you have assigned the households to their respective quorum or Relief Society.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

LittleGreen wrote:I just checked my ward this evening. We have two Elders Quorums and two Relief Societies (a singles ward). They still show up fine on our HT/VT Statistics Reports. We've had two quorums and two Relief Societies since 2005 so the data may have carried forward through the upgrades more easily. The only thought I have based on this thread is to make sure you have assigned the households to their respective quorum or Relief Society.
Perhaps this info will help explain why Alan and I are seeing the problem:

We were two EQ's a few years back; the HT reports were showing the two organizations correctly for most, if not all, of that time. Then we did a ward split about a year ago. We were down to 1 EQ for like a month and then split again. So our 2nd EQ has been created about a year ago. I don't think it has been working since then, or at least the last 6 months (that's when I first heard about it being an issue).

It must be one of the updates to MLS within the last year or so that has created this bug. Although, I guess because of LittleGreen's post, it could have been introduced even earlier than a year ago, because we had the two organizations in place for a while, until a year ago when all of the splitting happened.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

A related possible issue.

Anyone had issues where they may have had more than one AP quorum? This happens when there are:

More than 12 deacons
More than 24 teachers
More than 48 priests

I can see this happening in the Eagle Mountain area in a couple of years, there are already reports of hundreds of children in the Primary organizations of some of the wards there.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

mkmurray wrote:Perhaps this info will help explain why Alan and I are seeing the problem:

We were two EQ's a few years back; the HT reports were showing the two organizations correctly for most, if not all, of that time. Then we did a ward split about a year ago. We were down to 1 EQ for like a month and then split again. So our 2nd EQ has been created about a year ago. I don't think it has been working since then, or at least the last 6 months (that's when I first heard about it being an issue).

It must be one of the updates to MLS within the last year or so that has created this bug. Although, I guess because of LittleGreen's post, it could have been introduced even earlier than a year ago, because we had the two organizations in place for a while, until a year ago when all of the splitting happened.

I would try to request a unit refresh of data from the file pull down menu. This would tell me if this is possibly some corruption with your local database or a real problem with code. I cannot duplicate it in 2.8.1, but that doesn't mean it is working fine. Try the unit refresh and let me know if that fixes it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”