new addresses not retained for financial records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
proudfit

new addresses not retained for financial records

Post by proudfit »

I'm the clerk in a YSA ward and just went through my first tithing settlement. We had 134 members move out last year. Each time someone moved I entered their new address as part of the process and sent their records to their new wards. Now comes tithing settlement. When i print the year end tax statements the old addresses show up on the reports, even though their new addresses were entered. Keeping track of stuff like that, new addresses, is something computers are really good at.

Is this behavior in MLS working as intended? If so it's very inconvenient and time consuming.

I consider this a bug. Please straighten me out if it's not.

As a work-around, from now on I'll make the address change, let it cook through the system for a while, and then move the records....but i don't think i should have to do that.

Thanks!

Matt Proudfit
Ogden UT, 19th YSA Ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: new addresses not retained for financial records

Post by russellhltn »

The system is now set up so that their new ward can get them their statements - as long as their donations were associated with their membership number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”