Missionary couple access to 2 directories

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dbylund

Missionary couple access to 2 directories

Post by dbylund »

We are serving as YSA senior missionaries in Dundee Scotland. Several weeks ago, I noticed that the LDS Tools app on my smartphone contained not only the directory for my home Stake in the States, but also for the Dundee Scotland Stake in which we are now serving. The directories for both Stakes are also available to me on LDS.org.

Several years, I made a request to have access to the local stake directory, while we were serving a YSA mission in Stockholm, Sweden. I don't know if that request had anything to do with us now being able to see both our home stake and the stake in which we are serving, but it is absolutely wonderful to have this functionality.

I realize that that it is not trivial to do this, and that it took a major effort on the part of somebody (or somebodies). So if you have any idea who was or is responsible for this, please thank them for me.
klk3

Re: Missionary couple access to 2 directories

Post by klk3 »

Bless you, bless you, bless you. :) We have served in the Washington DC North mission for 16 months (Member Leader Support). I have begged for this. It will make us much more productive
mevans

Post by mevans »

This feature was implemented late last year (like Nov/Dec). It will only work if your mission office properly assigns you to the unit where you are serving. From comments here, it appears that not all missions are efficient in getting the missionaries assigned.

If you don't have access to this, you need to check with your mission office. If they don't know what to do, then send them here and hopefully someone can help them (We aren't necessarily familiar with the software that's run in the mission offices).
family32

Post by family32 »

I have had that access for many weeks to my home Ward and the out of country Stake I am serving. However, checking this morning (February 2, 2014), the feature is no longer there on any platform (Windows, iPad). Is it a glitch or was it taken down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

family32 wrote:I have had that access for many weeks to my home Ward and the out of country Stake I am serving. However, checking this morning (February 2, 2014), the feature is no longer there on any platform (Windows, iPad). Is it a glitch or was it taken down.
I'd check with your mission office. If they changed your assignment in the computer, that would affect your access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”