Unable to (intermittently) schedule Chapel in Stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
taggartm

Unable to (intermittently) schedule Chapel in Stake

Post by taggartm »

I wanted to see if I can fix the problem of not being able to schedule a building in my stake. I am able to schedule the building some of the time earlier in the year and then later in the year after clicking create event it will either schedule our Stake center or nothing at all. I have been heavily promoting the building schedule portion of the calendar and would appreciate any help or advice to make sure members do not lose interest in the new way of doing things in my Stake.

Thanks,

Matt Taggart
Last edited by taggartm on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to (intermittently) schedule Chapel in Stake

Post by russellhltn »

Details please. Are you getting an error message? What happens? Is this a all-day event or a normal timed event? Could you be bumping into an existing event or restriction?

Are you trying to create a repeating event? Those can be a little more flicked.

Others have reported various problems in the past when dealing with November when daylight savings kicks in. December seems to be fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
taggartm

Post by taggartm »

There is no error message. I am familiar with the message if there is a conflict. I am able to select the chapel, the rooms, the times and when I create event it is simply on the calendar without a building.

I am able to schedule any of the other three buildings with no problem and everything that has a conflict is very intuitive. I am the administrator who set up the four buildings in our stake. My niece who is a RS President in a ward in that building has been able to schedule the building.

I just did a test on a Thursday and was unable to schedule for 1 hour. It does show on the calendar, but no building.
taggartm

Post by taggartm »

I have checked the locations and rooms and the set-up is the same as the other chapels that are working just fine. This building is a new building in our stake with in the last year or so. As for restrictions this problem was from the get go before I told anyone that it was live and I was the only one who knew to make restrictions. I also see no restrictions created.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

taggartm wrote:I have checked the locations and rooms and the set-up is the same as the other chapels that are working just fine. This building is a new building in our stake with in the last year or so. As for restrictions this problem was from the get go
The intermittent nature is curious, as is the fact you say your daughter in that building can schedule it. Can your daughter schedule the other buildings in your stake that you can schedule?

And I'm grasping at straws, but since it's just one building you are having difficulty with, did the location "show up" originally or did you press "add a location" and enter it yourself when you set it up? Since the building is new:
2) Locations in the Church calendar are based on actual buildings as recorded in the Church facilities management database. Your stake clerks/leaders may need to coordinate with local Church facilities , personnel to ensure that all data is up-to-date.
I guess that is one place to check-to make sure the database correctly records the building as belonging to your stake.

You say that you have checked "locations and rooms." I assume that means that you've confirmed your time zone, and you see:
This location is a meetinghouse.
and you've checked "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes"
and under "rooms and equipment" "Treat this location as a single room" is NOT selected
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Are you sure you have clicked the box on that location that says "this location can be Scheduled by wards and Stakes?"

Return to “Calendar”