Electronic Transfer Tithing Statement

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
fuzhanglao

Electronic Transfer Tithing Statement

Post by fuzhanglao »

I'm trying to print a tithing statement for a family that has been using electronic transfer to pay it. They started doing this when they lived in Spain to avoid currency conversion fees. The statements show no contributions have been made. They do have bank statements, but would like an official church record. Is there a way to do this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Electronic Transfer Tithing Statement

Post by jdlessley »

The Church will send tax valid statements through MLS in January for those who have donated to more than one unit or for those who donated through electronic donations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
glerrad

Post by glerrad »

Will the tax valid statement be like the PDF that was sent in October?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Yes, they will be PDFs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

jdlessley wrote:The Church will send tax valid statements through MLS in January for those who have donated to more than one unit or for those who donated through electronic donations.
Are you sure that set of statements will include those who contributed via electronic donations? I don't believe it did last year. The PDF statements transmitted to our ward last year did not include donations made directly to church headquarters. They covered only one particular set of members -- those who had been on the membership rolls of more than one unit, and made donations to each unit.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RossEvans wrote:Are you sure that set of statements will include those who contributed via electronic donations?
It is my understanding that the Church sends a separate statement directly to those who contribute electronically. I do not have actual experience in this matter, though, and I am not aware of anyone in my ward or stake who would know.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RossEvans wrote:Are you sure that set of statements will include those who contributed via electronic donations? I don't believe it did last year.
I am repeating information I read in an MLS message.

We also received an MLS messaage in 2010 stating they would send donor statements for those who contributed to more than one unit in October 2011. That never came to pass. That same 2010 MLS message said tax valid statments for those contributing to more than one unit in the year would be sent to their current unit through MLS in January 2011. That never came to pass.

This year another message came through MLS stating the donor statements would come - they did. Albeit some units received those statements a bit late. That same message stated the tax valid statements for those who contributed to more than one unit and those making direct donations (not in kind donations) to headquarters would be sent to their current unit through MLS before the end of January 2014. Since the donor statements arrived as the message said then I am inclined to believe the tax valid statements will also. When they say those who contributed to more than one unit it means contributions to units that had their records. It most likely not include those who made donations to another unit while visiting that unit.

A unit should receive all the tax valid statements at the same time. If there are no statements for those who contributed directly to headquarters by electronic donation then I suspect those tax valid statements will be sent to the latest address of record for the donor.
JD Lessley

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”