Can't login to MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jolivier23

Can't login to MLS

Post by jolivier23 »

I came into the church today to help our Elder's quorum president to reset his MLS password but I can't login to MLS due to a java.lang.nullPointerException window that pops up. It appears to happen after the password check because I get a different message if I get my password wrong but it also prevents login. I tried reinstalling MLS but to no avail. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to go about fixing it? We are OK today but we will need to process tithing this coming Sunday so it would be great if we can get this fixed by then.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't login to MLS

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support. It sounds like a data corruption problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Can't login to MLS

Post by scgallafent »

jolivier23 wrote:I came into the church today to help our Elder's quorum president to reset his MLS password but I can't login to MLS due to a java.lang.nullPointerException window that pops up. It appears to happen after the password check because I get a different message if I get my password wrong but it also prevents login. I tried reinstalling MLS but to no avail. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to go about fixing it? We are OK today but we will need to process tithing this coming Sunday so it would be great if we can get this fixed by then.
It sounds like an issue that we discovered yesterday while testing something else. I just fixed it in the MLS code today and the fix will be in 3.7.0 (coming Soon­™). Units that run into this in the interim should contact the service center. Tell them you're getting a "null pointer exception logging into MLS" (those are the exact words I used in the email I just sent regarding this) and they will eventually get you to the right person.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”