Missing pictures when printing directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
alanmisbach

Missing pictures when printing directory

Post by alanmisbach »

When printing a copy of the ward directory with photos some of the photos are missing. The photos are actually there, and can be viewed when looking at the member's record online or on lds tools, but when the print feature is used many pictures are missing. does anyone know how to fix this?

(this is my first time trying the forum so please forgive me if this question is out of place or already addressed elsewhere. your feedback about not only this issue but how to use the forum is welcome!)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missing pictures when printing directory

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to look more carefully at what photos are missing. There are two types of photos: household and individual. Depending on what is being printed, one will appear but not the other. For example, if a sister has a family photo but not an individual, I would not expect a photo to appear when you print the Relief Society list.

But if you print a list, I would expect the photo would appear if it appears when you display the same list. That is, I'd expect the printed Relief Society list to show the same thing as the displayed list.

This is particularly confusing when dealing with singles since the family and individual photos are the same, but must be uploaded (and approved) twice.

Which brings me to another point - depending on your calling, you may be able to see photos that are awaiting approval - but they might not show up when printing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alanmisbach

Post by alanmisbach »

Thanks for the quick response! I had thought of most the issues you mentioned and checked into them, but the problem was still happening. Strangely it was erratic. Each time I tried to print there were different photos which wouldn't show up. I restarted my computer and voila!, it worked. So I have no idea what the problem may have been, but it's working now. Thanks!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wouldn't rule out slow server. Just have to try it at different times (translation: Sunday is probably not a good time.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”