Improving Friendships

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mmarsee

Improving Friendships

Post by mmarsee »

I want to propose that a field be added in each member's profile that allows for a hobbies and interests paragraph. This of course would have the typical privacy options and would be submitted by the member.

We are a spread out ward and would really like to know each other better. The only reason we can see for having our own blog is to have volunteers submit this kind of information to further unite our Relief Society. However, I would rather get every sister on board with using the church's own web site and tools rather than re-invent the wheel. Has this ever been proposed? Is this something that may happen one day soon?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Improving Friendships

Post by russellhltn »

The projects and priorities are set by the brethren and cleared by the legal department. The developer have very limited discretion in adding these kinds of things.
mmarsee wrote:Has this ever been proposed? Is this something that may happen one day soon?
Given the backlog of changes and upgrades, I'd predict "soon" as highly unlikely.

You might want to look at doing something with the newsletter feature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”