Do Member edits in Directory also change in MLS?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
SShhaarrpp753

Do Member edits in Directory also change in MLS?

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

Our Stake Clerks said if a member edits their phone, address, email in the lds.org directory, the changes DO NOT show up in their Membership Record in MLS. Meaning that the member ALSO needs to give the changes to the Ward Clerk who will change it in the computer Membership Information.

Can you please clarify this. Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Do Member edits in Directory also change in MLS?

Post by lajackson »

When a member edits a phone or email address online, it should roll to MLS and the membership record should update. I have seen this work properly many times.

Members cannot change their address online. The clerk must do that, since some address changes will result in membership records needing to be moved to another unit.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible that the sync will fail (which may be why the stake clerk thinks that), but changes on-line should be reflected in MLS. It should come down to the ward MLS on the next send/receive. I'm not sure how long the change takes to get to the stake MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It generally seems to work to me. I have seen issues of people changing things in LDS Tools and they don't sync (I think someone even told me that changes made in LDS Tools are not supposed to syn), but if you're on the web site, it seems to work. I do it quite frequently.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”