TFOT lesson schedule not printing accurately

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
SShhaarrpp753

TFOT lesson schedule not printing accurately

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

I have our 2014 RS 4th Sunday TFOT lessons schedule set up. January is our Stake Conf, so no lesson. Feb, Mar, and April each have titles and URL from Oct 2013 Conf talks. BUT EVERY TIME when I print the yearly schedule to hand out it moves the lessons up a month and leaves off Nov and Dec! The other lesson schedules--Joseph Fielding Smith 2nd & 3rd Sundays, Leadership topic 1st Sundays--print fine.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: TFOT lesson schedule not printing accurately

Post by kisaac »

I'm not sure I understand completely:
I assume you have one lesson schedule for RS, and on that schedule you have all the lessons input correctly; 1st sundays: leadership, 2 & 3rd: JFS, 4th: TFOT and 5th is ward / stake directed. You have a stake conference in January on the 4th Sunday. This is displayed correctly on screen, but when printing it shifts your 4th Sunday TFOT lessons. Is this what is happening?

How was your stake conference set-up in Lesson Schedules? When you began entering your lessons, was the stake conference event already displaying on your calendar or did you put it there yourself? Try to edit the "stake conference" week: Does it pull up the edit screen, but say at the top "This lesson is replaced by stake conference" with the boxes all greyed out below it?
SShhaarrpp753

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

I actually had seperate class schedules for each set of lessons (leadership, 2nd & 3rd JFS, 4th TFOT--it is easier to input and maintain that way for me). On the 4th Sunday lesson schedule January was just blank--Stake Conf didn't show up even though Stake Conf was in the list of Events, and there was no editing icon--. When I would print it out (half sheet or full sheet PDF), the Feb lesson moved under Jan, Mar under Feb, etc., but nothing printed after October (Nov and Dec were missing completely).

I inactivated that calendar and made a new one--this time Stake Conf shows under Jan and the whole year prints out! I didn't make any other changes. Guess I found a little glitch in the program at the time I made it--which was actually at the end of Dec 2013.

All's well that ends well! Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

SShhaarrpp753 wrote:I actually had seperate class schedules for each set of lessons (leadership, 2nd & 3rd JFS, 4th TFOT--it is easier to input and maintain that way for me).
So instead of one class, members of your ward RS have to use three different classes to see what the next lesson is going to be?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
SShhaarrpp753

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

When a member chooses lesson schedules from the tools menu, it shows them the current date. They would have to click 'view' each class in the right box, but the class scheduled for that date would display the lesson they need without respect to what 'class schedule' it is on. If they click 'view year' for the lesson listed, it would only show them the weeks/lessons for that particular class (leadership, JFSmith, or TFOT.)

So I print out the JFSmith and TFOT 2014 schedule each on 1/2 sheet--then have them back to back to hand out. I find it less confusing that way. Of course I have our planning calendar that shows everything on one page.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”