MLS Ordinances Not Matching CDOL

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
adoga

MLS Ordinances Not Matching CDOL

Post by adoga »

In at least one particular ward in our Stake, we have a few members showing up in MLS as unendowed but also show as having an expired temple recommend. However, when we look online in CDOL, they don't have a record of being issued a recommend.

How do we fix this so that they are synchronized properly?

I know that at the ward level, I would have them do a Unit Data Refresh to fix duplicate records. Would the refresh also this problem? And we'd need to have the clerk of that ward do the refresh, correct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Ordinances Not Matching CDOL

Post by aebrown »

I'm guessing you are referring to Clerk Resources on LDS.org, not CDOL -- CDOL has no information about ordinances or recommends.

Typically, the online services show what is actually on the membership record. If MLS shows something different, that's because MLS is somehow out of sync. The Unit Data Refresh changes MLS data to match what is in the actual Church membership databases -- not the other way around.
adoga

Post by adoga »

You are correct I just meant the online database. So we just have that ward clerk for that area update the database and it should resolve this problem?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

adoga wrote:You are correct I just meant the online database. So we just have that ward clerk for that area update the database and it should resolve this problem?
Is the incorrect information showing up in the ward MLS or in the stake MLS? If it's in the ward MLS then they need to do the refresh. If it's in the stake MLS then you need to do the refresh there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can try a data refresh, but I'm not sure as it will fix your problem. Are you looking in MLS or on-line? There's been a issue in the past on the accuracy of the on-line temple reports. I don't know as it's been fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adoga

Post by adoga »

We're seeing their recommend expiring in the Stake MLS computer. We haven't checked at the ward level. Online, it doesn't show up as expiring. Should we confirm with the ward clerk before we can determine the problem?

In addition, I'm the stake membership clerk, but I don't have a data refresh option as I did when I was the ward membership clerk. Is this a permissions thing that the Stake Clerk will see when he logs in?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

adoga wrote:We're seeing their recommend expiring in the Stake MLS computer. We haven't checked at the ward level. Online, it doesn't show up as expiring. Should we confirm with the ward clerk before we can determine the problem?
You may want to check. As russellhltn said, there have been problems with the online temple reports. As far as I know those have been resolved but it wouldn't hurt to check with the ward to make sure that isn't the issue.
adoga wrote:In addition, I'm the stake membership clerk, but I don't have a data refresh option as I did when I was the ward membership clerk. Is this a permissions thing that the Stake Clerk will see when he logs in?
I don't have access to a live Stake MLS install but from the test install it looks like you have to have Admin rights in MLS in order to see the Request Unit Refresh Data menu option.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”