Missing new calendar and new posts from 1/3/14

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Missing new calendar and new posts from 1/3/14

Post by kisaac »

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar event:

On 1/03/14 I created a new public stake calendar, and put 8 events on it. I also put three events on an existing private stake calendar. I then printed the calendar, showing the new events.

Today, 1/04/14, the new calendar is missing, as is the events on it, and the new events I placed on the existing calendar. It's as if the calendar had "reset" to the previous day. A check of my email shows the "following new calendar is approved" email for the now missing newly created calendar, and I have a printout of the calendar showing the three entered events on the existing calendar that proves I didn't do this in a dream. All other calendars and events entered previously are still intact.

Anyone else seeing such things?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missing new calendar and new posts from 1/3/14

Post by lajackson »

Two items I placed on a stake calendar yesterday (1/3/2014) that will occur in January have disappeared.
kisaac
Community Moderators

They came back!

Post by kisaac »

The missing calendar with it's new events, and the new events on an older calendar "came back" later that day. While they were missing, because it seemed like I was viewing a "snapshot" or cached image of the previous days calendars, I cleared my computers browser cache, and rebooted the browser and my machine several times. I hid all calendars and then "showed" all calendars, and I checked to see if I had inadvertently unsubscribed to any; The missing calendar didn't show on the list of available calendars, so you couldn't subscribe or unsubscribe, and my "deleted" calendars showed "0." It wasn't selected to be hid, or unsubscribed to, or deleted by anyone.

They were still missing for a period of about 6 hours...Then they re-appeared.
What I didn't do while they were missing (I was out of town,) is go check another computer and compare side-by-side displays to further isolate the issue; My browser or server-side. Something is going on....

Return to “Calendar”