Hi is there oficial church Groups in facebook?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davidmarmolejo

Hi is there oficial church Groups in facebook?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I'm The mens stake single adults 31+ lider

We want to join forceses with other citys next to us in doing a facebook group .
So we can all be in a single group and share invites ...

I'm in Baja California Mexico ... WE are debating what name to call it ?

Is there any oficial statement on it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Hi is there oficial church Groups in facebook?

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 21.1.22

I would draw your attention to the following: "On occasion, official Church Web sites may be approved for other purposes, such as multistake projects, special events, and young single adult activities and organization. To seek approval for such a site, the organization’s priesthood leader submits a request stating the purpose and need to a member of the Presidency of the Seventy or the Area Presidency."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davidmarmolejo wrote:We want to join forceses with other citys next to us in doing a facebook group .
So we can all be in a single group and share invites ...
This is something your stake president would want to discuss in his next Coordinating Council meeting. If the other stake presidents supported the idea, the area authority would know how to obtain permission from the area presidency to set up an appropriate web site.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

There are many lds single adult 31+ group pages on facebook..... I made one for my stake The liders know about ..
And the other citys around us have their facebook group page .. but we want to delete the other ones and just make a regional one .
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidmarmolejo wrote:There are many lds single adult 31+ group pages on facebook..... I made one for my stake The liders know about ..
And the other citys around us have their facebook group page .. but we want to delete the other ones and just make a regional one .
Just because it's done, doesn't mean it's proper.

The suggestions you've been given are based on what is proper.

If you want something regional, then your stake is going to have to work with the other stakes. You can't just start a website and expect them to follow. That coordination has to be done though the stake presidents - at least to initiate it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Thankyou for your help guys

Return to “General Discussions”