Connecting a Ipad to sound sistem what to do for best result

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
davidmarmolejo

Connecting a Ipad to sound sistem what to do for best result

Post by davidmarmolejo »

On the ward i go there is not kit to connect external cd players or etc to the sound sistem

I want to connect my ipad(becuase i have music library there ) (for when needed), but
we don't have that connection kit they talk about here https://tech.lds.org/wiki/images/c/c0/C ... ctions.pdf

Wha'ts the best way to get the best posible sound ( the problem is that church building has a diferent sound sistem) my stake has a more complex one ... what do i do for best results'
what should i buy and how to set it up for best results? I have worked with sound sistems .but's becuase it's the church's sound sistem i want to be very caerfull with it

and it's not like the sound sistems i'm used to ( musician)

would reaaaaaaaaally apreciate some help here
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Connecting a Ipad to sound sistem what to do for best re

Post by russellhltn »

The officaly supported way is via a crab box.

Each meetinghouse should have one, but they might be tucked into some dark and dusty corner.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

nope ... we dont have it .......

that's why i was asking :)
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

ooo.... You need to get one. It works great and is so simple, even I can hook it up. And those here that know me, know that is saying a lot.

Contact your FM group and tell them that you must have one.

It doesn't just hook into Ipads, it can be connected to lap tops, CD players, even some phones. I would do a very thorough search of the library. Ours is in a canvas case that zips around and is about 7 inches square. You unzip it and there are several cords and a control box. It sat in our library for years and no one knew what it was.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TinMan wrote:I would do a very thorough search of the library. Ours is in a canvas case that zips around and is about 7 inches square.
Not just the library, but the clerk and bishop's offices as well.

If you have to go to FM, ask for the EJ-8. I find it has better sound quality than the EJ-10. (But the EJ-8 doesn't do phone connections.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
TinMan wrote:I would do a very thorough search of the library. Ours is in a canvas case that zips around and is about 7 inches square.
And if it's a stake center, check the stake offices as well. For some reason, ours is kept there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:And if it's a stake center, check the stake offices as well. For some reason, ours is kept there.
In that case you might want to find out where the STS's "stash" is. It may be there.

davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

russellhltn wrote:

If you have to go to FM, ask for the EJ-8. I find it has better sound quality than the EJ-10. (But the EJ-8 doesn't do phone connections.)

I have been on that ward for around 12 years and never seen it ...
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Yes i have looked for it for a long time and no luck actually i think i have asked the Bishop for it and said we did not have something like that

The one i go its not a stake
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Many times i have seen they have audio problems I'm a musician and have ofered helped ..
But i would like understand 100% it's sound sistem for the stake that it's much more complex
than the one in my stake
how to i master that one?? with out asking for the manual becuase i'm not a oficial sound
guys but i know i can help them when needed

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”