MLS 3.6.2 Menu/File/Send Membership Data to Stake

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rrbonilla134

MLS 3.6.2 Menu/File/Send Membership Data to Stake

Post by rrbonilla134 »

In the MLS 3.6.2 Menu under FILE there is the option Send Membership Data to Stake".

Please direct me to the best articles on the proper use of this function. My immediate questions:

• What is the purpose of this?
    What happens when we use this (from the sender's and receiver's point of view)?
    When do we use this?
    How often should it be used?
    When should I not use this?

Thank you in advance
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: MLS 3.6.2 Menu/File/Send Membership Data to Stake

Post by lajackson »

rrbonilla134 wrote:In the MLS 3.6.2 Menu under FILE there is the option Send Membership Data to Stake".
I am not sure there are any instructions other than in MLS Help itself. This function begins the process of sending your unit membership data to the stake.

Membership data is sent to the stake automatically on a regular basis. It used to happen monthly, but I believe it happens more often now. There were times, such as after a ward boundary change, where it was beneficial for the stake to obtain updated information sooner, rather than later. This menu item causes ward MLS to send updated data to the servers on the next Send/Receive, which is then sent to the stake the next time stake MLS does a Send/Receive.

Our stake has not requested a manual data send from any wards or branches in a long time.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”