EQIdeaExchange.com

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

EQIdeaExchange.com

Post by douglas.a.hatch-p40 »

I'm an EQ President in Silicon Valley. When I was first called, I eagerly scoured the Internet for resources (e.g. programs, template, ideas, etc) related to EQ administration. I quickly realized that there isn't much out there. Now, 1 year into my presidency I've put in countless hours getting organized and developing programs and tools. I thought "there should be a site out there where EQ Presidencies can share all this stuff so everyone is not reinventing the wheel each time."

So I built a site on Google's new Sites platform called the EQIdeaExchange. It's collaborative (like a Wiki, but easier) so people can directly input their materials. In practice, most people just send me their stuff and I post it for them.

I haven't had a very good participate rate in the site so far. I've emailed EQ presidents in 2 stakes directly. And I've got this linked from several dozen keywords in AdWords.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, they'd be very appreciated. Especially as they relate to the following questions:
  1. How can I increase the participate rate on this site?
  2. Are there any UI problems?
  3. How can I spread the word so people know this site is out there?
Thanks!
- Doug
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I suggest that you add a disclaimer stating that your site is not an official site of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Otherwise, nice site.

Tom
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Looks good. Tom's right put the not an official site on there. Also, you'll want to remove any copyrighted material -- like the christus on the home page.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Thanks for the feedback. I put a disclaimer noting that this isn't an official church site.
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Thoughts on how to make this idea succeed

Hi all,
I'm kind of new to this whole web development arena. I'm looking for a little advice from you pro's out there. Would anyone be willing to take a quick look at my site (eqideaexchange.com) then help me with the following questions?:
  1. Are there any serious problems with the UI (e.g. use of graphics, fonts, links)? In other words, is this pretty easy to figure out?
  2. Click on the 'Add Content' link. Are the instructions clear on how to add content?
  3. How can I get more people to submit content? So far, I have not gotten a single submission (and I know from Google Analytics that 200+ unique users have viewed the site). What am I doing wrong?
  4. Any ideas on how to drive traffic to this site?
Thanks!
Doug

BTW- I'm not trying to make any money off of this site or anything. I've had this idea for a while and would like to see it succeed if possible. Any help is appreciated.
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

Hi,

I have added a link to the ldstoolbar. Hopefully this will bring some traffic to you. Nice site.

Stephan
douglas.a.hatch-p40

Thanks Stephan. New traffic is always welcome!

- Doug

Return to “Links & Resources”