Wiki link redirects to calling specific link

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
supersc

Wiki link redirects to calling specific link

Post by supersc »

It appears the "Making Donations Directly to Church Headquarters" link redirects to a protected-by-calling url.

It was:

http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Donations_to_C ... adquarters

and now auto-fwds to:
https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng

Can this info be re-given out?

Thanks,
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Wiki link redirects to calling specific link

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the How to pay tithing online? because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
supersc wrote:Can this info be re-given out?
I don't think I understand what you are asking. Do you want the information that is published in that now restricted access article made publically available? Or do you want that information quoted here in the forum?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wiki link redirects to calling specific link

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I don't think I understand what you are asking. Do you want the information that is published in that now restricted access article made publically available? Or do you want that information quoted here in the forum?
I think he just wants the info, I don't think he's picky about how.

While the information appears to be aimed at the general membership, they have secured it. I'm leery about making it public without the approval of the powers that be. I think the fastest way to get the info is to ask ward clerk or one of his assistants to retrieve it for you.

I will say that in broad terms, the article is about donating via Bill Pay, Donation in Kind, and a brief mention of Donating directly to CHQ - but that last part lacks specific information on how to set that up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”