inserting a picture, 'saving' article

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
reneeswecker

inserting a picture, 'saving' article

Post by reneeswecker »

I want to insert a picture - I went to the FAQ, and found a similar question, but did not find anything helpful - I can't even find a 'prompt' for inserting a picture . . .

Also, I was able to save the first article just fine, have not been able to save additional articles. . . I've clicked the 'save' option in several ways - click it once, double click, tried a 'right click'. . . I consider myself rather a novice with computer use, but I do put out a newsletter for my classroom each month using publisher. . . I've found this newsletter to not be very 'user friendly'.

Please help? This is a new calling for me; I'd like to be successful . . . the sooner the better. . . was hoping to 'advertise' about the newsletter in the next couple of weeks. . .

Sincerely,
Renee Swecker
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: inserting a picture, 'saving' article

Post by aebrown »

reneeswecker wrote:I want to insert a picture - I went to the FAQ, and found a similar question, but did not find anything helpful - I can't even find a 'prompt' for inserting a picture.
To insert a picture, you click the Insert Image button on the tool bar (circled in the screen shot below).
newsletter_image.png
newsletter_image.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
reneeswecker wrote:Also, I was able to save the first article just fine, have not been able to save additional articles. . . I've clicked the 'save' option in several ways - click it once, double click, tried a 'right click'.
You should simply click (meaning "left click") the Save button once.

You say you "have not been able to save additional articles." What is happening or not happening? Do you see any error messages?

One thing that trips up new users is that certain fields are required, and you can't save unless they are all specified. The most common stumbling block is that at least one category must be specified. If you click the Save button and nothing seemed to happen, scroll up in your browser and see if anything is outlined in red, with its label having the word "- Required" appended to it. That lets you know that you have to supply additional information before you can save.
reneeswecker wrote:I consider myself rather a novice with computer use, but I do put out a newsletter for my classroom each month using publisher. . . I've found this newsletter to not be very 'user friendly'.
A web application in a browser will work quite differently from a desktop application such as Microsoft Publisher. Those differences certainly do take some time to get used to.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:
reneeswecker wrote:I want to insert a picture - I went to the FAQ, and found a similar question, but did not find anything helpful - I can't even find a 'prompt' for inserting a picture.
To insert a picture, you click the Insert Image button on the tool bar.
In the past there has been problems with some browsers that did not display the Insert Image button. I will try to find the thread in which that was reported and see when it was and whether that issue was resolved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:In the past there has been problems with some browsers ...
The problem was reported back in April 2013 in the How do I add an image? thread. This post identifies the browsers and versions that were not displaying the Insert Image icon or control.

If reneeswecker is using one of those older browser versions reported with the problem then I recommend updating the browser or even trying another browser.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”