How long does it take for convert baptism record to show up?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
nathangg

How long does it take for convert baptism record to show up?

Post by nathangg »

I'm curious about how long it takes for a convert baptism record to show up in MLS. I don't know about the process and here are some of my questions below. (Perhaps if I understood the process or could read about the process then I could answer my own questions... is there a resource that describes the process?)

Thank you~!

How long should it take for a convert baptism record to show up in MLS?

At what point would you start reaching out to find out why a record is not in MLS?

Who should you reach out to? The missionaries? Where do they submit the forms to? (If they tell me, "We've submitted the paperwork", who would you go to then?)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How long does it take for convert baptism record to show

Post by jdlessley »

The area mission office enters convert baptisms into the the system. Once entered it would be the same as a child of record being entered into MLS. It should only take a few days at the most to have the baptism show up in the system. The hold up can be at a number of places. The missionaries need to turn in the paper work to the mission office. There could be a hold up there. The mission office needs to enter the baptism into the system. There could be paperwork handling issues with the mission staff.

When the baptism does not get into the system in a few days I would first contact the missionaries responsible for conducting the baptism. Then if they are at a loss as to why there is a delay then contact the mission office.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And all of this happens after the confirmation, of course.
ash_spence

Post by ash_spence »

Follow up question. Once the Mission Office creates the membership, does the Ward need to request the membership or does it automatically show up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It will show up automatically if the correct information has been entered. However, it may have been sent to the home ward. Are you a "specialty" ward (YSA/Language)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ash_spence

Post by ash_spence »

We are not a specialty ward. Been 2 weeks with nothing yet so thought maybe I needed to request the membership. Guess I'll just check with missionaries and see what they know.
murraydavidgeorge2

Post by murraydavidgeorge2 »

We had a situation where it was taking forever to receive the new converts record. The Mission Office had incorrectly typed our wards number on the form and the record had gone flying off to another ward. I only found this out by requesting the persons record through MLS and having it finally arrive shortly after hitting the "send and receive" button. You might want to give that a try.

Return to “Membership Help”