How do you access another stake directory outside your own?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
gemarcy

How do you access another stake directory outside your own?

Post by gemarcy »

How do you access another stake directory other than your own stake?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: How do you access another stake directory outside your o

Post by aebrown »

gemarcy wrote:How do you access another stake directory other than your own stake?
That question was just asked yesterday. See I can't access any stake besides my own.
woolseyjo

Post by woolseyjo »

We are missionaries serving in the Harborne Ward in the Birmingham England Stake in charge of YSA in our stake. We have a young lady who has been baptized about 6 months ago and we need to find out which ward she will be attending when she goes home to <address redacted>, Pitsea, Basildon, Essex (this is her home address). Could you give us the name and phone number of the Bishop of her ward so that we can contact him. E/S Woolsey
Last edited by aebrown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Specific address redacted
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The Ward she would be attending is the Basildon Ward. This info was obtained by using the Maps option from the LDS.org website, where the Bishops info can also be seen. If you have access to CDOL his personal details can be obtained there!

FYI This is a public website, meaning any one posting here can see the details posted. It is not recommended to post any personal information including addresses. I'm sure a Moderator will be along soon to redact the address in your post.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Most likely as missionaries that you don't have access to CDOL. Biggles didn't mention how to get CDOL information: Check with your ward clerk. He can look up the specific information about the bishop of the Basildon Ward.
dbosse

Post by dbosse »

How does a member access a bishop's information and contact details NOT in your area on lds meetinghouse
locator? I used to be able to do this in classic lds.org. We are moving country and would like to contact the
Ward prior to arrival.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dbosse wrote:How does a member access a bishop's information and contact details NOT in your area on lds meetinghouse
locator? I used to be able to do this in classic lds.org. We are moving country and would like to contact the
Ward prior to arrival.
Go to maps.lds.org. Locate your area. Select a ward. (If you've selected a meeting house, you'll have to select the ward itself in the pop-up window. From the ward pop-up, click on "Leadership".

In doing some testing, it seems to work within the U.S., but did not provide information about bishops in Europe. It might be a privacy issue. Europe is pretty strict.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”