Ward office phone number in directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Ward office phone number in directory?

Post by rmrichesjr »

Shouldn't there be a place for the ward office phone number (and maybe the hall phone number if applicable) in the Directory application? If so, where should the phone number be put so members can find it?

In the 2009-era directories, the front page had space for the ward office phone number and hall phone number. However, at least in my ward, I was not able to find a ward office phone number in the current online directory application. Fortunately, an old printout from 2009 had the information.

(This question is similar to portions of the thread that starts with this posting, but there isn't much of an answer there: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64733#p64733)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward office phone number in directory?

Post by jdlessley »

rmrichesjr wrote:Shouldn't there be a place for the ward office phone number (and maybe the hall phone number if applicable) in the Directory application?
I think the unit phone numbers formally part of the old LUWS should be a part of the Directory.
rmrichesjr wrote:If so, where should the phone number be put so members can find it?
The left column below the menu list has plenty of room for unit data such as unit phone numbers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Ahhh, yes. LUWS was the term I was trying to find for the old system that had the unit phone numbers.

To add unit phone numbers in the left column is something that would need to be added to the Directory application. Is that right? Or, is there some way a unit today can add information there? If the former, I think I might still have Jira access to file a feature request in case there isn't already an existing relevant feature request.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rmrichesjr wrote:To add unit phone numbers in the left column is something that would need to be added to the Directory application. Is that right?
Correct.
rmrichesjr wrote:Or, is there some way a unit today can add information there?
Not at this time.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”