Online Payment for Ward Fund Raiser Possible?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
SHW77

Online Payment for Ward Fund Raiser Possible?

Post by SHW77 »

I got this question from the Young Women's Presidency. Is some like this possible? The Young Men and Young Women do a yearly fund raiser. But it's by donation and sometimes they don't get the donation slips back. They thought if there was an online payment option they might get a better return of those donations and the fund raiser would raise more funds.

"We were thinking of an idea in Young Women’s and I was told to contact you for some information. I have an odd question….is it allowable to set up a payment link on an e-mail that could be directly deposited into the ward account? We were thinking about sending out an e-mail regarding flag donations with a link to submit a payment. I know the YM President is going to talk to the bishop about the e-mail, but we wanted to find out if it’s even possible."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Payment for Ward Fund Raiser Possible?

Post by russellhltn »

SHW77 wrote:is it allowable to set up a payment link on an e-mail that could be directly deposited into the ward account?
As far as I'm concerned, in the US there is no "ward account". It's just an accounting concept. Sure, there's the deposit concentration account, but unless you follow that up with a MLS transaction, it won't find it's way into being added to the available funds.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Re: Online Payment for Ward Fund Raiser Possible?

Post by Gary_Miller »

The short and long answer is: NOOOOOOOOOOO

Return to “Local Unit Finance”