24 inch TV to support MP4

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
bretpetersen1

24 inch TV to support MP4

Post by bretpetersen1 »

So we are slow getting up to speed on this. The old thread ended back in March. Is there any new TVs available that will support the mp4 on the USB? Any with a built in DVD player that support digital DVDs?

The old thread had an LG 24 inch TV that supposedly worked but it is no longer available.

How about a good blue-ray player that will support mp4 on the usb, on digital DVDs? Also, it would be nice if the blue-ray player would play in the vertical position so it could be mounted on the back of the portable 24" tv.
bretpetersen1

Re: 24 inch TV to support MP4

Post by bretpetersen1 »

I guess I will respond to my own post and report what I have done in our ward - in case anyone is still working on video solutions.

I found that several Samsung TVs at Best Buy will support playing Mpg4 from the USB. We have purchased some TVs and Blue-ray players and plan to use USB thumb drives with the videos using rknelson's program.
http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 7fc5486d17

The thumbnail jpeg's don't show up on the TV menu, but other than that it works great. What I like is the simplicity. You can use the joystick input on the back edge of the TV to select the videos without having to even use the remote. This option works great for TVs on a cart with an old DVD player to play older DVDs. The downside to this option is that the TV is dedicated to just using the USB thumbdrive. Maybe someday Samsung will make a built-in blue-ray player. That would be the best. I chose this option because it seems cumbersome to use the roku or WD player on the back of the TVs and the TVs are not much more ($159) than buying the WD player.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”