Issues with External Calendar Sync

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sinescorey

Issues with External Calendar Sync

Post by sinescorey »

I have followed all steps in the guide:

https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/cal ... ndars.html

I have "Generated New Sync URLs" a couple of times too, following the troubleshooting guide.

I had tried to sync to Google Calender, it will add the Calendar without issue to the other section, but nothing populates. I am doubled check my subscriptions, all is fine. I have also tried to subscribe to the iCal on my Iphone, and again it accepts the values, but doesn't add any Calendar entries. Any suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Issues with External Calendar Sync

Post by jdlessley »

You did not mention how much time between syncs there was. There is a 9 minute throttle that will result in null data if you attempt a second sync sooner than 9 minutes from the last sync. The sync time limit is for all devices using your sync.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Craigdtaylor

Post by Craigdtaylor »

sinescorey wrote:I have followed all steps in the guide:

https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/cal ... ndars.html

I have "Generated New Sync URLs" a couple of times too, following the troubleshooting guide.

I had tried to sync to Google Calender, it will add the Calendar without issue to the other section, but nothing populates. I am doubled check my subscriptions, all is fine. I have also tried to subscribe to the iCal on my Iphone, and again it accepts the values, but doesn't add any Calendar entries. Any suggestions?
I have the same issue. Nothing populates. I am using Microsoft browser Explorer 11 and trying to populate Outlook 2013. I have allowed ample time to populate without trying a second or third time. Still nothing. Suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How long has this gone on? Sometimes the server goes down and doesn't come back up until the next working day.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to be working now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sokol99

Post by sokol99 »

I've tried many times to get iCal to sync with the online calendar with no luck. I am now trying with iCal 7.0 and using the generated URL. iCal seems to accept the URL when I add a "New Calendar Subscription" but then nothing actually happens after I click "Subscribe". No error or response either. The window just closes and no new calendar appears in the list.

In the past I have generated new URLs also with no luck.

Thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sokol99 wrote: iCal seems to accept the URL when I add a "New Calendar Subscription" but then nothing actually happens after I click "Subscribe". No error or response either. The window just closes and no new calendar appears in the list.
What happens if you wait long enough for iCal to auto-refresh the calendar (assuming you have not set the auto-refresh to be too frequent so as to run into the 9 minute throttle limit on the URL)?

sokol99

Post by sokol99 »

I just added the URL again and, for the first time, a new window followed letting me assign a name etc. I did that and now the calendar is listed on the left but no calendar events loaded after 30 minutes. I manually forced a refresh of the calendar but still no data. .. This same URL is being used by my google account and does show data. Wonder if that's a clue?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Last I knew, Google only seemed to check in about once a day. But who knows if they've changed it.

BaumanBT

Post by BaumanBT »

I'm seeing the same issues - windows 7 x64, Outlook 2013, empty calendar after import. I have waited an hour and still nothing. Any ideas or progress?

Return to “Calendar”