Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eprn1n2

Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Post by eprn1n2 »

Hello All
During the twice yearly Stake audit Bishops are asked if they and their Bishopric members have watched the Financial Training at LDS.org. What is the specific requirement and where is it located?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Bishopric Yearly Financial Training

Post by jdlessley »

Question 3 of the outdated (W6) ward/branch audit checklist that asked whether the bishopric members and clerks who handle finances have reviewed the online finance training in the past year has been replaced on the current (W7) ward/branch audit checklist. It is no longer a "formal" audit question.

The training referenced in the outdated checklist is found in the Finance section of RKATS (Record-Keeping And Technology Support) on LDS.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
JParnett

Post by JParnett »

When i was called to be clerk last spring i was shown these videos and told to watch them. Two months later i got around to wanting to watch the videos but when i went to see them they appeared to be taken down. is this true? has anything changed in the last year as far as the type of training available.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JParnett wrote:When i was called to be clerk last spring i was shown these videos and told to watch them. Two months later i got around to wanting to watch the videos but when i went to see them they appeared to be taken down. is this true? has anything changed in the last year as far as the type of training available.
Although I haven't done an exhaustive search, every video I looked for was still there. For example, the Record Donations article has a video (click the Watch link).
AlanTidwell

Post by AlanTidwell »

Where are these videos? I am an executive secretary and our bishop has two newly called counselors and wants to show the video illustrating the companionship principle when counting donations. How can I locate those specific video clips?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AlanTidwell wrote:Where are these videos? I am an executive secretary and our bishop has two newly called counselors and wants to show the video illustrating the companionship principle when counting donations. How can I locate those specific video clips?
The Record Keeping and Technology Support (RKATS) site has a search feature. To find the video you are talking about, I did a search for Donations. Then I had to look at a couple of options to find the right article. The video you are talking about is connected to the Weekly Donations article.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

jdlessley wrote:Question 3 of the outdated (W6) ... has been replaced on the current (W7) ward/branch audit checklist. It is no longer a "formal" audit question.
Just to note, the question does appear again as a formal audit question. It is question three in the Procedure Review and Risk Assessment section on the current W9 form released for this summer audit.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

benjamincarleski wrote:Just to note, the question does appear again as a formal audit question. It is question three in the Procedure Review and Risk Assessment section on the current W9 form released for this summer audit.
Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have recieved training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have received training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.
The training may have been online, from a member of the stake presidency, or from the area auditor or his assistant.

It is still good practice to review the online videos, but there are other ways now to receive training that will satisfy the audit question.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Additionally the question has been reworded. It now asks if the bishopric and clerk(s) have received training in the past 12 months. Viewing the videos is but one method of getting the training.
The training may have been online, from a member of the stake presidency, or from the area auditor or his assistant.
The actual list of options on the W9 Ward Audit form is:
  • From a stake presidency member, the stake clerk, the assistant stake clerk assigned to finances, or another member of the stake who was assigned and had the necessary knowledge.
  • By reviewing the lessons and other instructions found in the Record-Keeping and Technology Support section of LDS.org.
  • From the assistant area auditor.
The list on the S9 Stake Audit form only includes the last two options. I find it a bit odd that stake leaders have no option to be trained by any other person, except for the assistant area auditor, but that's what the form says.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”